Now the rules for both awards are I believe the same. I am passing along the One Lovely Blog Award, since the VBA award seems to have made its rounds. Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Pass the award onto 15 blogs, that is nominate/award another 15 blogs
- Tell 7 things about yourself
- I have never been unfollowed before, although I believe it is inevitable. But when the time comes I promise not to blow my stack. I shall be calm and collected and make Emily Post proud.
- I believe sites like Find a Grave are a wonder. Through it many can find where their ancestors are buried when they otherwise wouldn’t have know. I’ve still yet to track down a many of my ancestors.
- In my spare spare time I do research on RMS Titanic related people. Spare spare time is the spare time I have in my spare time.
- Stumbled across this folk song some months back. And a few weeks ago I found this one with words: Over the Hills and Far Away.
- For the most part I don’t care for classics. There are a small few that I enjoy.
- I prefer a real book to an e-book. I think something like an e-book would be good for travel or if you’re living in a country that doesn’t have a library.
- I have been blogging for 8 months and got off to rather slow start in setting the blog up and such.
- Aims Photos ~ You can find some very enjoyable photos here.
- Al’s War: One Man’s Journey Through World War II ~ A WWII soldier’s story.
- Ashlee Cowles ~ Journeys Through Time ~ Author Ashlee Cowles’ blog
- British Soldiers, American Revolution ~ Have you ever been curious about the soldiers from the ‘other side’ of the American Revolution? Check this very interesting blog out.
- The Diaries of Julia Lawrence Hasbrouck ~ Just like the title says. Mrs. Hasbrouck was born in 1809 and I believe died in 1873.
- Dusty Pages and Fresh Bites ~ You can find more history here.
- Folkston Free Press ~ Charlton County, Georgia history.
- Forgotten New England ~ Learn more about New England
- Forgotten Stories ~ Interesting events/people in history you may not have heard of.
- Geocaching (and More) Off the Beaten Path ~ Didn’t know what geocoaching was until I stumbled on this blog.
- Hankering for History ~ Interesting history posts.
- Literary Legends Quests & Odysseys ~ Book reviews.
- Lost Ships of the World ~ Photos of ships that were lost and a brief description of each.
- Regency History ~ Researching regency social history.
- Washington County Regiment of N.C. Militia ~ from their About page “a living history organization, dedicated to educating the public about the lives of the settlers and first peoples on the 18th frontier and to sharing the history of that portion of Western North Carolina which is now Northeast Tennessee”.
I understand that not everyone does the awards thing, so please accept this as a compliment to your blogs.
Now for: Two People Who Could Pass for Twins
Compare Bob Hastings from McHale’s Navy to Samuel Murdoch—> Link to photo. Anyone else see the resemblance?